Mahatma Gandhi University envisions excelling in the field of higher education and catering the scholastic and developmental needs of the individual, through continuous creation of critical knowledge base for the society's sustained and inclusive growth.
- To create an environment that would foster higher education.
- To create educated individuals qualified in specialized areas of knowledge.
- To plan and implement academic programmes of the highest quality that would foster the holistic development of individuals who will be empowered to act as the conscience of society.
- To conduct and cause to be conducted undergraduate, postgraduate and research-level programmes of quality in sciences, the humanities, social sciences, and the professional disciplines.
- To foster research and extension activities directed at the reorganization of existing knowledge and the creation of new knowledge for the development of society.
- To help in the creation and development of manpower that would provide intellectual leadership to the community.
- To help promote the cultural heritage of the nation and preserve the biodiversity of the region.
- To promote national development by imparting education and culture to the people of the areas coming under the jurisdiction of the University
- To develop itself into an institution with the highest standards of excellence without losing sight of the importance of social equity.